Tuesday, December 2, 2014

One Quarter Down -- Aysiah Jaeke

            So far, freshman year has still been going great. I have made a lot on new friends in golf, musical, student council, and my classes. It is great to get to know someone better and being involved is one of the best ways to do that.

Although my homework is still taking up most of my time, I am now better at managing my priorities and making sure that school work always comes first. I was a cast member of the musical “The Wizard of Oz”, which was really fun because it is a classic, and I grew up watching the movie. Also, it was so cool to see the  little kids who came to the show because they were all so excited. The best thing about the musical was probably the people involved. Everyone in the cast was so welcoming, and I couldn't have asked for better people to be beside me on stage. I hope that the friends that I have made through the musical will last throughout high school. Being in the musical also came with lots of commitment. We rehearsed almost every night from the first rehearsal, to opening night. We actually had an 8 hour rehearsal one Saturday, which was long, but still fun.   


Student Council has also been going well, and I was recently elected as the Freshman Representative! Freshmen Rep in student council is the freshmen who is part of the executive board and helps to make sure that the freshmen are being included and agree with everything happening in council. So far as freshmen rep, I have lead a meeting with the freshmen in council to make sure that they agree with everything going on in council, and that they feel involved in everything that we do. I also get to sit in the front of the room during large meetings every Monday which is fun.  I am looking forward to the reindeer games for the teacher's kids because I am working the cupcake walk and the leadership seminar that we will be having. I am also looking forward to the winter trip! It sounds like a lot of fun.

I am so happy that I ran for the rep position and glad that I now can be even more involved than I already  am. My sister is also on the Executive Board, and I am excited to be joining her and the other amazing members.

One thing that I am very grateful for in high school is the reassessment policy. Every test I try my hardest, but sometimes I still don’t get the grade that I want. I can fix this now with reassessing. Although it takes a lot of work to relearn the material and fill out the reassessment form, it is worth it.

Freshmen year is going great, and I am very happy that I become involved with everything that I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment