Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Decision Time - Andy Childs

As acceptance letters begin to roll in, the decisions of the seniors continue to get harder. Many think the struggle is deciding where to apply, while in reality it is just as hard to do things like choose a roommate, housing, and meal plan. Fortunately I have already chosen to be a roommate with Marco Carini, a gentleman and a scholar. As we are finalizing our housing location, we have argued over the best places to stay in Madison. After a visit to the city, we have both decided that Lakeshore is where we belong. I’ve been told that this next semester is going to be the slowest one of High School, I certainly hope not.

As it continues to get colder out, it begins time for my tennis partner Collin Brault and me to move inside and start practicing for next season. In past years, we have played at 7 in the morning on Saturdays, so hopefully we can start that practicing up soon. Because this is our senior year and our last season playing together, we are going to work as hard as possible to be prepared for the season. Also, hopefully as our team continues to shrink we can recruit some new freshmen this year to pick up some of the slack. It’s a great sport and a more fun time with the team, so make sure to come out this spring.

Also, with winter break coming up, all of my teachers have for some reason decided to cram as many test in as they possibly can. While I understand that it’s nice to start a new unit as soon as we come back from break, studying for hours on end is not exactly what we want to be doing right before a two-week break. I understand the purpose… I just don’t need to be happy about it. I’m sure that Mr. Wick would have some witty retort for me right now.

In other news, my 6th hour, Mrs. Danay’s A+ class, has just destroyed everyone else in the penny war, totaling over ninety dollars worth of pennies.  To all other classes, it was a valiant effort; we just love animals more I guess.  In reality, thanks to everyone that donated money it really is making a difference. Plus, it was a lot of fun to make penny angels and slow-mo videos in class with our fat stacks of cash.

In my AP literature class, Mrs. Parker is having us start the poetry unit. I’m having a “wonderful” time decoding the many messages of 17th century literature. It’s a safe bet most of the time to assume the subject is beauty, religion, or nature. With Parker’s help, I think I’m finally getting the hang of it. We’re also doing something in my AP calculus class, but I never know what. I thought that was a foreign language class until half way through second quarter. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment