Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Bowels of Winter by Aysiah Jaeke

Wow, I can’t believe my first semester of my high school experience is already finished. Although during the semester, it seemed to drag, looking back on it now it went so fast. I worked very hard to keep my grades up during last semester, and I am glad I did.
I had straight A’s and a high GPA. I am proud of the work I did during last semester, and I hope to continue keeping my grades up this semester.

Now that I am not involved in a sport or musical, I have found more time to focus on my grades and Student Council. The last student council activity that I was involved in was the Winter Formal. Although this event was not very well attended as Homecoming, it was still really fun. I really believe that in the future you should try to come. It is a great event, and everyone puts so much effort into making it a great dance.  We raised to donate to the school than we did last year.

Another thing that I have been focusing on more now is choir. I was selected to audition for the Wisconsin State Honors Choir. I was so excited when I found out that I got to audition. I worked really hard to prefect my solo and sight reading skills. Although my audition didn’t go perfect, I am happy that I auditioned, and I know that I did my best. I also am looking forward to Solo and Ensembles. Our whole choir is doing a Jazz ensemble, which I am really looking forward too. I am also doing a duet with my sister, Elisha, and an Italian solo. I am happy with the way things went last semester, and I am hopeful that next semester will be even better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment